Damage & Cleanliness
Parts for Motorhomes are expensive and for the most part are not immediately available “off the shelf” locally. If the Motorhome sustains damage at any time during your hire, however minor, please inform us straightaway. If we know about it we can start to make arrangements for repair before the vehicle returns in time for the next hire, potentially avoiding leaving us in a position of having to cancel or compensate another customer’s holiday. Please do let us know if anything is lost or damaged so that we can ensure the vehicle is fully stocked for the next hirer. You are required to return the vehicle in a clean and undamaged condition, with an empty waste water tank, a clean and empty toilet and a full tank of diesel. Exterior washing is not necessary. A charge of £50 will be imposed if the vehicle is returned with a dirty or unemptied toilet. Additional reasonable charges may be deducted from the security deposit for stain removal from upholstery or carpets, additional cleaning time if the motorhome is returned with an unreasonably dirty interior, or any other damage. In the event of damage resulting in a valid insurance claim the hirer is responsible for payment of the insurance excess of £500.
The hirer is responsible for payment for:
• Any damage to windows, mirrors, windscreen or tyres.
• Wilful damage, neglect of care or accidental damage (e.g. a tin falling out of a cupboard and damaging a worktop).
• Any costs incurred due to the fault of the hirer (e.g. keys locked inside the vehicle or wrong type of fuel used).
Deposits are refunded in full provided that the vehicle is returned clean, undamaged and on time.
Examples of circumstances where deductions may be applied to this deposit are :-
• a). Where there is damage to the vehicle or contents. Charged at retail replacement part(s) cost plus an hourly labour rate for time spent on repair if necessary.
• b). Where the vehicle is returned in an unacceptable condition internally. Charged at an hourly rate for any excess cleaning time required.
• c). Unemptied toilets will be charged at £50 for emptying and cleaning. Collection Please be on time for your vehicle collection and allow between 30/40 minutes for a full vehicle induction, during which time we will demonstrate full, proper and safe use of the vehicle systems and equipment. We will need to see photo driving licence for any driver and proof of address for the named hirer (e.g. council tax, telephone or utility bill dated within the last 3 months).
It is important that you return the vehicle at the date and time specified in your Hire Agreement. Please plan your return journey to allow for foreseeable delays due to traffic. Late returns may incur a charge. If you are delayed for any reason beyond your control (such as a major accident) please telephone to let us know so that we may inform the next hirer of any delay. On arrival back at our depot, we will carry out a brief vehicle inspection. Please expect to allow up to 20 minutes for our inspection and sign-off. A full inspection and inventory check will be carried out within 48 hours and if applicable, reasonable damage charges will be deducted from your Damage/Security Deposit (see Damage & Cleanliness/Return).
Safe and Legal use
The hirer and all additional drivers are responsible for the safe and legal use of the vehicle on hire.
All drivers must drive the vehicle with due care for the vehicle, their passengers and other road users. The vehicle is intended for leisure transportation on made up roads only. It must not be used for any other purpose, such as racing, rallying, or trials. Particular care must be taken entering/exiting gateways, negotiating around buildings and steep inclines (e.g. roll-on/roll-off ferries, where there is risk of grounding the rear). It must not be driven through deep fords, or saltwater.
All drivers must be aware of the overhead height of the vehicle (approx 3.1 metres) and are responsible for all damage due to hitting an overhead obstruction, such as height restrictions into car parks. Such damage is not
covered by the insurance and the hirer will be responsible for all repair costs. At the commencement of hire the driver must present their driving licence (both parts of a photocard licence are required).
• Persons who have had insurance cancelled/declined and/or insurance renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience.
The hirer wholly responsible for any offences of any kind which occur while the vehicle is in your care, including (but not limited to) parking tickets, congestion charges, speeding fines and road traffic violations. Any fines or charges incurred during the hire period which arrive after return of the vehicle will be deducted from your Damage/Security Deposit or, if this has been returned, charged to the card used to pay the security deposit, or passed on to you. An admin fee of £25 will be added for each offence.
Whilst the vehicle is in your care, you are responsible for ensuring that all reasonable precautions are taken against damage to, or theft of or from the vehicle. When you leave the vehicle, ensure all windows and rooflights are closed, doors are locked and you have the keys. Do not give the keys to anyone else or permit unauthorised persons to drive the vehicle.
Your insurance does not cover theft of or from the vehicle if:
• The vehicle has been left unlocked;
• They keys have been left in it;
• Window(s) and or door(s) have been left open;
• You have allowed someone else to drive it and they take it away;
• Valuables have been left on display.
Do not leave valuables, Sat-Nav or the TV/DVD on display, or leave the vehicle in a vulnerable position, such as on a junction or street corner, poorly lit or unsuitable areas.
In the event of the Motorhome being involved in an accident arising out of the use of the vehicle you must obtain the names, addresses and contact details of any third parties involved or witnesses and report the accident to the local Police. If at all possible, please take as many photographs as you can of the whole scene from several angles and close ups of any damage to all vehicles/property. You must contact us at the earliest reasonable opportunity and complete an accident report form, as supplied. Do not make any admission of liability, settlement offer or other like offer.
Free car parking, at owner’s risk, is offered in our secure car park for the duration of your holiday.
smoking is not permitted in our vehicle. Any evidence of smoking may result in a £75 cleaning charge.
Well behaved dogs or other pets are welcome, subject to the vehicle being returned in a clean and undamaged state. A charge of at least £75 will be made for any evidence of excessive dog hair, dirt, urination or other damage caused by pets
Base Vehicle (Chassis) Breakdown
In the unlikely event of vehicle breakdown, please CONTACT US FIRST as soon as is reasonable so that we can assist as necessary, before phoning for Recovery:
Habitation Equipment or Accessory Breakdown On board equipment (such as the cooker, heater and fridge) are also covered by warranty. Breakdown of an item of on-board equipment may not render the vehicle unusable or necessitate the ending of your holiday. In the first instance, please contact us so that we may establish whether the problem can be resolved during the hire period and advise you what to do. This may mean a visit to a Motorhome dealership or repair centre. Reasonable agreed costs, supported by a receipt, will be reimbursed but please contact us for authorisation first. Please do not attempt DIY repairs.
The driver is responsible for the roadworthiness of the vehicle and the safety of the passengers. Each vehicle is checked prior to despatch and you are required to monitor oil, engine coolant, windscreen washer fluid level and tyre pressures.
At least one full gas bottle will be supplied with the vehicle (Calor Propane 6kg). Two bottles will be fitted; the first will be connected and at least partially full. When this runs out, connect to the spare (full) bottle and purchase another full gas bottle from any Calor outlet. In this way, the vehicle leaves with at least one full gas bottle and returns with at least one full gas bottle. If you return the vehicle with an empty gas cylinder the cost will be deducted from your security deposit.
The vehicle runs on diesel fuel and is despatched with a full tank. The vehicle must be returned with a full tank. YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS IF YOU REFUEL THE VEHICLE WITH THE WRONG FUEL – ONLY USE DIESEL!
Once a vehicle has been reserved for you it cannot be hired to someone else for the same period. As the commencement date of hire approaches, the likelihood of us being able to rebook the vehicle, should you cancel, reduces. Therefore, the following cancellation policy applies:
• The £250 booking confirmation deposit is non-refundable.
• More than 4 weeks prior to commencement of hire – the remaining balance of any hire fee paid will be refunded in full.
• 2 – 4 weeks prior to commencement of hire – 50% of any hire fee paid will be refunded.
• Less than 2 weeks prior to commencement of hire period or non-arrival for collection – no refund will be made.
Ownership We reserve the right to:
• Vary rates and conditions at any time.
• Refuse to hire to any person(s) for any reason and not to hand over the vehicle if we believe the hirer is not suitable for any reason.
• Terminate the contract and repossess the vehicle at any time due to breach of these terms and conditions, misuse, damage or accident.
We will make every effort to ensure that the reserved Motorhome is available for collection by you at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible and the hirer will receive a full refund.